Operating with integrity
We believe the business processes, operating models and workflows that we have developed over the past 30 years are the most reliable and proven consulting methodologies available.
We have aligned with various respected bodies to enable us to understand and deploy the very best ways of working.
To learn more about a particular facet of our approach to business and the best practices we adopt, please click or tap on the relevant tab below.
Litmus has been named as a supplier on the Crown Commercial Service’s (CCS) Framework Agreement for the provision of Management Consultancy Services, Agreement Ref: RM6008.
The Crown Commercial Service (CCS) supports the public sector to achieve maximum commercial value when procuring common goods and services.
As a named supplier, in many cases our services can be engaged by public sector organisations without having to undertake a further competition so long as the assignment is of less than nine months duration.
As an organisation providing consultancy services across the UK, we are committed to delivering social, economic and environmental benefits through the outcomes we help to deliver.
For more than 30 years we have been committed to be the leading Consultancy to the Public and Private sectors. We have always considered it our duty to influence the positive contributions that can be made by service providers and the social value improvements that can be created through their service delivery – whatever that may be.
We do this by:
- Understanding the Social Value objectives of our clients under the three key headings of:
- Economic well-being
- Social well-being
- Environmental well-being
- Ensuring these objectives are valued as part of the solutions provided.
- Learn from others and pass on this knowledge to our staff, those that work with us and to our clients.
- Ensure all services for existing clients are reviewed in terms of the social value being provided by Litmus directly or by the Contractor(s) the appointed by the client.
- Work with a selection of chosen organisations who deliver and/or influence positive social value.
- Offer our clients a service to independently audit their social value effectiveness and of any contractor working on their behalf in the provision of services.
- Work within the local community of our headquarters to directly deliver social value to our locality.
- Set and measure our own objectives in relation to:
- Economic well-being through the use and employment of local skills and resources
- Social well-being by encouraging the support of our local community activities and charities
- Environmental well-being by achieving ISO14001 accreditation and being a responsible and considerate business, employer, tenant and neighbour
Practical measurements of success:
- Ensure all relevant new tender specifications and contracts include which social value opportunities and requirements should be achieved and how progress should be measured.
- Seek feedback from clients as to how our contracts or those of the appointed Contractor are meeting their Social Value objectives.
- Share the results and any recommended solutions to issues which emerge from any independent audit we carry out for clients and their contractors.
- We achieve our own Social Value objectives each year.
At all times Litmus Partners, Consultants, Associates and Support Team Members shall maintain the highest ethical standards in all matters that relate to clients’ businesses and shall act solely in each client’s best interest.
All Litmus Partners, Consultants and staff will observe the following best practice:
- Provide the best possible service to each client;
- Accept work for which they are suitably qualified to undertake;
- Maintain full confidentiality in relation to every aspect of each client’s business;
- Provide complete impartiality and objectivity in all aspects of advice and support provided to clients;
- Undertake their work with integrity and in a professional manner that inspires respect, trust and confidence of every party concerned;
- Use their best endeavours to seek out and recommend only the highest quality-led services that meet their clients’ cost requirements; and
- Maintain a fair and even-handed approach in client-supplier negotiation matters.
The Litmus Partnership has maintained its Customer First accreditation since November 2008.
The standard provides a rigorous assessment against 32 statements covering key milestones such as:
- How do you identify and then meet your customers’ needs?
- How do you follow up with your customers?
- What practices are in place to deal effectively with customer complaints and queries?
- How are your services improved and new ones developed to better meet your customers’ needs?
- How do your people understand and assess customers’ requirements?
- Are your recruitment methods ensuring you have the best person for each position?
- How do you ensure that your people are continually developing their skills so they can provide the best service to your customers?
As a customer of an organisation that has achieved the Customer First standard you can expect:
- To have your business objectives understood prior to any service being delivered to you;
- To be given access to the full range of services available to you ~ whether delivered directly by this organisation or by another more appropriate service provider;
- To be clear about what you can expect from any service we deliver to you and the timescales within which that service will be provided;
- That we will continually review your needs and follow up after services have been delivered to you;
- To have open access to our customer feedback and complaints procedure and that your feedback on services will be listened to and, where appropriate, will inform the development of new services;
- For services to be clearly targeted, relevant and appropriate for your business;
- Our people to be appropriately trained and developed to have the necessary skills to diagnose and meet your needs; and
- Our people to deliver an impartial and objective service operating in your best interest at all times.
Further details can be found at www.customerfirst.org
We will not take chances with your personal data. Litmus is committed to managing digital records and data securely.
We are a Cyber Essentials accredited organisation.
The Cyber Essentials Scheme is managed by The National Cyber Security Centre ~ www.cyberessentials.ncsc.gov.uk ~ and is funded by the British Government.
Cyber security risks are on the increase and the Cyber Essentials accreditation process checked our ICT defences against commodity based cyber-attacks. Our Cyber Essentials accreditation goes beyond compliance with the requirements for the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
In the context of the tasks we undertake as a business, sometimes we will need to share personal contact information, fiscal data about the organisations we work with and, potentially, the employment details of individuals.
Cyber-criminals must be prevented from accessing such data, as by doing so, they could open a gateway to obtaining further sensitive information about individuals, organisations and other stakeholders involved in your business.
We believe that any organisation engaged in consultancy and, de facto, the management of your data, in any capacity, should hold Cyber Essentials accreditation Certificate No. IASME-A-015614.
Litmus has always had a robust and effective data protection program in place which is compliant with existing law and abides by the data protection principles. We were quick to recognise our obligations to update and expand this program to meet the requirements of GDPR.
We completed this work and declared that we’d met all the new criteria with effect from 16 May 2018.
We recognise too that we must continue to keep pace with any further changes, additions and clarifications of the new regulations which might require us, from time-to-time, to update our documentation and records accordingly.
Work with us
Whether it’s a business, education, health, government or leisure setting, we see a diverse range of challenges. Challenges that will have solutions. We bring a fresh and independent perspective and deliver innovative, realistic strategies that result in positive outcomes for everyone.